This program provides support to children and youth (and their families) who are required to provide testimony in criminal court.
- Preparing children for court (includes court procedures, roles of court personnel, courtroom tours etc.)
- Communicating with Crown attorneys, defence lawyers, and other justice personnel
- Accompanying children to court
- Support for parents and guardians of the youth and children
- Help with victim impact statements and other applications (Criminal Injuries Compensation Board)
- Service referrals
- Post-court follow-ups
Cost: There is no fee for these services
To access child and youth witness support services or would like more information, please contact the Support Worker by telephone at 613-233-8478 or by TTY at 613-233-1866.
This program is subsidized by the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General.